Year 7 and 8 Disco
Summer Fun Day - Saturday 6 July 2019
Last year's Summer Fun Day was a great success and a real team effort.
We raised: £1267 on the raffle, £144 more than last year! and £1440 from the Fun Day, £350 more than last year!
This is a fantastic result and was very much a team effort - we appreciate the donations from families and supporters, the time given up by parents, students, teachers and the PTA volunteers, not forgetting the school caretakers, Chris and John, who helped so much in the preparations.
So a big thank you to everyone who helped in anyway large or small.
We hope everyone enjoyed the day and we look forward to this year's.
PTA Christmas Fair - Friday 6 December 2019
The PTA Christmas Fair is being held on Friday 6 December - 6.00-8.00 pm.
Quiz Night - Friday 6 March 2020 - 7.00-10.30 pm
The next Quiz Night is:
Friday 6 March 2020 - 7.00-10.30 pm
Thinking of your own event?
Don’t forget that you can help to boost HSFG PTA funds by connecting to your selected online retailer via easyfundraising.com The service is FREE to the charitable cause and donations are made at NO EXTRA COST to you – the money comes from the retailer.
Donations (typically 1 – 5 %) available from Amazon, Argos, GAME, Halfords, Hawkins Bazaar, HMV, John Lewis, Lego, Letterbox, M&S, Toys R Us, Waterstones & many more……….
Steps to Easy Fundraising:
- Sign up to support High School for Girls, Gloucester at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/
- Each time you shop online, remember to login to easyfundraising.org.uk then use the links on the site to take you to your chosen retailer.
- Shop as normal and make an effortless donation to school funds at no extra cost!
- Collect FREE donations when you shop on the high street with EasyFundraising participating retailers! Did you know you can now register for easy fundraising so the PTA can benefit when you shop on the high street which can give the PTA between 1 and 5% of purchases. If you are already registered,log in to Easy Fundraising and use the add a card option from within my account settings. Please use the following link: Raise money by shopping on the high street
- Download the App nor for iPhone, iPad or Android. Easyfundraising have a free app for those important purchases (available on AppStore or Google Play store. Please follow the link: Easy fundraising App
Second-hand Uniform Sales
The PTA are always looking for helpers for the second-hand uniform sale, so if you can help then please click on this link to register when you can help. Many thanks.
Second-hand uniform sales will now be held in the Drama Studio by the Seabroke Road gate. Please wait by this gate for a member of staff to show you the way after the bell rings at 3.30 pm.
The second-hand uniform sale form is attached below. Please ask your daughter to bring this into reception at the school with payment in an envelope with name and tutor group on. If the items are available your daughter will be asked to collect from reception. If the item is not available the money will be returned.
Dates of sales in 2020:
Tuesday 25 February 2020
Wednesday 20 June 2020
Thursday 25 June 2020
Please bring any unwanted/outgrown current uniform into reception at the school.
'Rags to Riches' Clothes Collection
The High School for Girls’ PTA organises two textile collections every year with ‘Rags to Riches’ in order to raise funds for the school.
Rags to Riches accept all clothing, from babywear to teenage hand-me-downs to shoes and handbags. All clothing and accessories should be clean and in good condition.
Please bring Rags to Riches bags to the main school car park by 8.45 am on the day of the collection.
Many thanks indeed for helping us with this unique fundraising opportunity.
Collections in 2019/20:
Thursday 26 September - 8.45 am
Tuesday 28 January - 8.45 am
Tuesday 12 May - 8.45 am