What if Students in my Bubble Test Positive for COVID-19?
Based on the advice from the health protection team, we will send home those people who have been in close contact with the person who has tested positive, advising them to self-isolate for 10 days since they were last in close contact with that person when they were infectious. Close contact means:
- Face-to-face contact, including:
- Being coughed on
- A face-to-face conversation within 1 metre
- Being within 1 metre for 1 minute or longer without face-to-face contact
- Being within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact or added up together over one day)
- Travelling in a small vehicle
If there are two or more confirmed cases within the school then we will refer to the local Health Protection Team who will advise if additional action is required.
Please see 'What If I Have Coronavirus Symptoms?' for further information.