Science Lessons - WHat WIll They Be Like?
All students and staff must wash their hands on arrival in Science. It is important that any trace of alcohol sanitisers are removed, particularly if we are conducting practicals where Bunsen burners are required. Students must never use an alcohol based sanitiser in the Science labs. These should be kept in bags.
Our students will have the chance to experience key practicals by taking part where possible or by observation. Several changes have been made to the normal protocols:
- Any practical activity will be first COVID risk assessed by the class teacher.
- Students will be given a pair of sanitised safety glasses to keep (NB replacements may have to be charged for).
- Scientific equipment will be meticulously cleaned.
- Students will be asked to assist the teacher in wiping down equipment and benches they have used after their practical activities.
Students will be expected to bring the following equipment to science lessons and not share with others:
- Pen, pencil, ruler & eraser
- Exercise book or folder & paper
- Safety glasses (see above)
The Science Department is committed to following the guidance given by the school science advisory service, CLEAPSS.