Denmark Road High School fully recognises our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of the children and young people in their care, and that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. This system is described in statutory guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children and Keeping Children Safe in Education (Sept 2018). This responsibility encompasses the following principles:
- To protect children from harm (maltreatment)
- To prevent impairment of children’s health and development
- To ensure that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care thus enabling those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully
- To treat the interests of our children as paramount (taking into consideration their disability, culture and history)
- To consider at all times the best interests of the child
If you are aware of any safeguarding issues during the school holidays please email email@example.com and add 'Safeguarding' into the subject area.