Reporting an Absence and Planned Absence
Parents/carers are legally obliged to make sure their child attends school regularly. Students should aim for 100% attendance. The average school attendance at Denmark Road High School is over 97%, and anything below 95% is a cause for concern.
How can parents/carers help?
- Please do not request to take your child out of school for a holiday. A leave of absence can only be granted by the Headteacher in exceptional circumstances.
- Please do not make non-urgent medical/dental appointments during the school day.
- Text the school's absence line +441452260176 or email email@example.com, or use the School Gateway App and leave a message before 8.30 am if your child will be absent or late. Please ensure that you provide details of what symptoms they have or why they are late and their anticipated arrival time in school
- If you have any queries about attendance please contact our Attendance Officers -Miss Cooper (Mon-Wed), Mrs Tilsley (Wed-Fri) on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact a member of the Wellbeing Centre Team (Miss Virgo, Mr Brown, Miss Dimery and Miss Boots - Year 7-11) or Mrs Harvey (Sixth Form Support Officer) as a matter of urgency, if you have any ongoing concerns that may affect your child’s attendance at school e.g. friendships issues or feeling anxious
Reporting Absence Contact Details
Please use the details below to contact the school:
Email addresses email@example.com
Absence line text service +441452260176
Via School Gateway www.schoolcomms.com
Please see the forms for you to download in Word and PDF format. These forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or your child can hand them into Miss Cooper or Mrs Tilsley in the Wellbeing Centre.