Reporting an Absence and Planned Absence
Parents/carers are legally obliged to make sure their child attends school regularly. Students should aim for 100% attendance. The average school attendance at Denmark Road High School is over 97%, and anything below 95% is a cause for concern.
How can parents/carers help?
- Please do not request to take your child out of school for a holiday. A leave of absence can only be granted by the Headteacher in exceptional circumstances.
- Use the School Gateway App or text the school's absence line +441452260176 and write a message before 8.30am if your child will be absent or late. Please ensure that you provide details of what symptoms they have or why they are late and their anticipated arrival time in school
- Please do not make non-urgent medical/dental appointments during the school day. If you have an urgent appointment please use the School Gateway App or text number to inform us.
- If you have any queries about attendance please contact our Attendance Office by messaging through School Gateway or emailing SC9164002a@schoolcomms.com
- Please contact a member of the Wellbeing Centre Team (Miss Virgo, Mr Brown, Miss Dimery and Miss Boots - Year 7-11) or Mrs Harvey (Sixth Form Support Officer) as a matter of urgency, if you have any ongoing concerns that may affect your child’s attendance at school e.g. friendships issues or feeling anxious
Reporting Absence Contact Details
Please use the details below to contact the school:
Via School Gateway School Gateway Login
Absence line text service +441452260176
Absence e-mail address SC9164002a@schoolcomms.com
If you need to make a request for absence during term time please see the form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org