Core Vision, Values and Purpose
We Discover, Realise, Honour and Shape
We also understand that as our young people leave us they will be less than a quarter of the way through their lives and they will have spent less than 20% of their time in school. We are not producing the finished article.
Therefore our purpose is to ensure our young people leave us as empowered individuals ready to move forward with confidence, curiosity, integrity and commitment.
Our vision statement:
Core Purpose – What is our reason for being?
- We nurture every individual, optimising their individual strengths and abilities.
- We change people’s lives through exceptional and memorable experiences that empower them to discover and then realise their personal best and ultimately to shape their own futures.
- We provide inspiring learning from outstanding teachers.
- We listen, understand and adjust to the community we serve.
- We give staff the motivation to achieve job satisfaction and continually develop as professionals through the recognition and management of expertise and talent.
- We promote aspiration in Gloucester’s Primary Students, exploring ways to help remove barriers which prevent social inclusion.
Core Values – What guides us?
How will this be achieved?
● Ensure all decisions focus on the development of confident staff and students who have character.
● Develop a self-improving system where collaboration occurs within and between schools with the core purpose of raising standards.
● Create the Sixth Form of choice.
● Communicate our purpose, values and vision concisely and effectively.
● Continuously evolving our environment so that the above may be achieved.
Vivid description – what will Denmark Road High School be like in 10 years?
Denmark Road High School is a place full of smiles as all are happy to be part of the community. Leaders ensure quality provision which listens, understands and adjusts to the community we serve. There is a shared desire to continually do our personal best. Leaders provide a system of self-challenge, self-improvement and collaboration to facilitate this. We engage in research and collaborate within and beyond our school as we pursue our shared desire to raise standards, promote wellbeing and remove the barriers which limit opportunity.
The individuals within our community are nurtured through exceptional and memorable experiences. Our community creates empowered individuals ready to move forward with confidence, curiosity and commitment. We, individually and collectively, are ready to discover and realise our personal best, in honour, shaping the future through adaptation to change and flourishing through opportunity and challenge.