For entry for 2024 please see the statements below:
The test assesses students’ verbal and non-verbal abilities, English skills and mathematics, and is provided by GL Assessment.
- All questions are multiple choice style questions.
- In one paper, students will be tested on their verbal skills (including comprehension, vocabulary and verbal reasoning).
- The other test paper assesses non-verbal reasoning and mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Each test session will take around an hour.
- At the beginning of each session there is time built in for the sharing of instructions and, for the non-verbal reasoning element, some worked examples. Students are allocated a total of 45 minutes to complete the tests themselves.
- GL Assessment is the largest independent provider of educational assessments in the UK, also providing assessment materials to schools in over 100 countries worldwide. They have been developing selection assessments for over 40 years and provide tests to the majority of grammar schools in the country. GL Assessment works hard to develop its material such that all children are able to demonstrate their levels of attainment and academic potential without excessive preparation.
Familiarisation material for 2024 entry is available here.