Parents' Funding Meeting, Mental Health and PTA News
MEETING ABOUT FUNDING AT THE HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS IN THE SCHOOL HALL AT 6.00 PM ON TUESDAY, 28TH FEBRUARY
This meeting has been called to discuss the future funding situation that will affect the High School for Girls. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT AS MANY PARENTS ATTEND AS POSSIBLE AS IT IS ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER’S AND SON’S EDUCATION.
There are increasing concerns being raised about mental health amongst young people. I read an article recently that gave the following TIPS for PARENTS which I thought I would share with you:
- Recognise that mental health conditions may manifest themselves in a number of ways and that teenagers may find it hard to express their feelings or many not understand what is happening to them.
- Be alert to major changes in your child’s behaviour, eating habits, moods, sleep patterns or social interactions – especially if the changes persist for weeks.
- Have a stable family routine for eating, exercising and sleeping.
- Maintain good communication with your teen and help her or him to talk openly.
- Be prepared to get a professional diagnosis.
- Help your teen to adhere to the doctor’s prescribed treatment and consult your doctor again if you see no improvement or observe unpleasant side effects.
- Take seriously any comments or hints regarding suicide and seek advice.
PTA Quiz 3rd March 7.00pm. Come and join us there are only 20 tickets left for this event, so hurry and buy them from Reception.
I look forward to seeing parents on Tuesday night.
Ewa Sawicka, Headteacher